Home AboutUs

Friday 14 January 2011

SW Craft Club Christmas Presents - Present 3 Pleasing Pesto

Pleasing Pesto

Before you read this, all of these comments are my own and has not been proven in any way, which means I can now make the statement that this is the ‘Perfect Pesto’. Before making the pesto I spent some time researching the best way to make pesto, i.e. Pestle & mortal or blender and which parmesan and olive oil to use etc.

Ingredients
Fresh basil
Extra Virgin Olive
Pine nuts
Grated parmesan
Garlic cloves
Salt
Pepper
Small jars
Ribbon
Labels
Warning – This is a very expensive gift to make, whilst researching the pesto I worked out there isn’t any ingredient which can be bought cheaply, all have a direct effect on the next, so it is important to by good quality ingredients.
Raw Ingredients
I opted for the pestle & mortal option over the blender which required a lot more elbow grease. It is a really simple recipe - a hand full of pine nuts, a hand full of basil and a handful of parmesan, Simple!
For the mixing you start with crushing the pine nuts with the garlic and when it's mushed into a paste, add the basil, I’ve lost count of how many jars of pesto I actually made, but my aching arm muscles and the below picture tells me that I won’t be making pesto for a very long time.

This will give you an idea of the number of jars I had to fill!!

After adding the basil to the mush, transfer it to a bowl, add the salt and pepper, parmesan and olive oil and mix together, hay pesto you have the SW Christmas ‘Pleasing Pesto’.


Mix with Parmesam & Olive Oil




Finished Jars of Pleasing Pesto


Critics Comments

I can honestly say I was taken back with the positive comments I received about the little hamper of goodies, I did learn a lot, including how to save money on packaging in the future and yes I will be creating personalized gifts for next Christmas. Watch this space! SW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.