Home AboutUs

Tuesday 25 January 2011

10 Minutes on the couch with Miss Libby-Rose

The first and the most important question is who is Miss Libby-Rose?

I am a designer - maker - and all round lover of all things fabulous and crafty (especially if it is pink - like my hair!) 

Where are you based in South London?

6a Greenwich Market, London, SE10 -  

Tell us about your workshops and courses?

My workshops are not only about learning to sew - it is so much more than that! It is about women getting together and learning a new skill in a creative environment where they can be themselves without the pressures of day-to-day life. It is a real 'experience' - all my girls always leave smiling with a project they have made...



What is the price ranges of your courses?

They range from 'free' (video tutorials on my site) -  £25 - £55 - but you can do a personalised soiree for around £150 a day if you want! 

What levels are people do you cater for?

I cater for all - the absolute beginner Beginners Classes to intermediate Intermediate Classes


We love you cute panties, but what do you think is going to be big in 2011?

I don't really do high street / mainstream fashion so what is 'big'; in the outside world is not necessarily in the 'Libby Rose' world - I design fabulous wiggle skirts with matching waistcoats.


 
High Waisted Wiggle Pensil Fishtail Skirt 
Plus other versions of Marilyn Monroe style 'wiggle skirts' - full organza circle skirts - fancy pants - lace tops etc... I take a lot of my inspiration from films of a bygone era - 40's fashion and anything that is beautiful - and fabulous!!!



Have you introduced any new classes for 2011? 

All my intermediate classes are new for 2011 Intermediates Classes
Also the kits for craft to make at home are well under way, cushion making and belt making kits are now up on the site ready to order...   There are going to be more kits to follow – but I am up for doing anything in particular that people would like to learn and I will endeavour to please.


You are a very busy woman, we see that you not only offer workshops and courses but you also make your own collection of clothing, how is this going?

BRILLIANT! I love it - I also sell fabrics and haberdashery - like a kid in a sweet shop I get to be / do all the things I love in a surrounding that I love - who could ask for anything more? (Well Perhaps a garden to grow my herbs and have chickens then it would be perfect!)

My fashion collections are very 'different' so I cater for people that want to stand out from the crowd - celebrate being a woman and be all that they can be by wearing something that not only feels good to wear but is made beautifully by my very own crafty hands! This is also going very well!

If you could describe Miss Libby-Rose in 3 words what would they be and why?

 
Quirky, Fabulous, Pink If you meet me in person you will know why! 


Critics feedback

Love it, love it, love it & I can’t wait for my next Greenwich outing & I may rope in a couple of girlies as well.  If you are looking for a course which I think celebrates femininity, Libby-Rose’s course & workshops personifies this through her individual style. I feel she has a great style and if you can’t make it over to Greenwich, that’s cool she now sells kits to use at home.

Check out Libby-Roses site: Miss Libby-Rose  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.