Home AboutUs

Thursday 3 February 2011

Make your own Valentines card

Anyone who knows me, knows I’m not a person whom neither likes nor enjoys buying cards and those who are privileged enough to receive a card from me, usually receives the £1 card from M&S. I love to mark an occasion but the prices of cards can be ridiculously high, I’d rather put that money towards the gift, than it be put into the bin after spending a week on the mantelpiece!!

There's only 2 week to go until Valentines day and I thought I had found the card which symbolises my love for my other half and it’s also symbolic to us. (For those of you who have been paying attention to my blog, during January I wrote a list of 40 things to do in 2011, one of those things to do was a road trip across Europe, which I’m happy to say is now booked! 2 blissful weeks across the south of France to Italy, touring around Italy & back through Geneva.) Sorry I’m digressing, back to my money saving article…  I was going to order my card from the website Not on The High Street Not on the High Street but at £8 or £12 for a large card they are too expensive for me, this is the time of austerity? I could not justify this outrageous cost for a card and decided to make my version and you can too, it took me just 30min during my lunch hour….

Not on The High Street Card

First I Googled a map of the route we are travelling too and printed it off, I then brought a plain card and envelop and finally I purchased double sided sticky pads to give a 3D effect.



I started by making a heart template to fit onto the card, once I had this, I used the template to shape the heart on the map and cut the heart from the map, I had printed earlier.



I then covered the reverse of heart map with sticky pads & attached it too the card, Hey presto one customised valentines card… I’m so proud! Watch out family & friends as I have enough stickies left to many more cards… 




To My Valentine
 
Stockists:
Card & envelop Rymans & paperchase
Scissors – kitchen draw
Double sided sticky pads - Rymans
Map of a location person to you or the recipient – free! Google images

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.