Home AboutUs

Monday 16 January 2012

Book Review: Pretty Pantry Gifts



Hello and happy New Year to you all, I hope you have lots of crafting ideas for the year ahead, stuck for ideas well why not try something new like making jams or pickles. Have no idea where to start well then I have the perfect item for you. Perfect Pantry Gifts by Tara Duggan is a beautiful kit that will get you well on your way to making your jams, preserves and pickles.



This tiny little book is not only packed with seasonal and all year recipes but also advice on how to prepare and sterilize jars, food safety and the kind of equipment that you will need.


The kit also comes with an assortment of jar labels, tags, gift bags, matching ties and cloth lid covers for you to create your gifts or maybe stock up of goodies for yourself and brighten up your larder.
I know I did!

I decided to make the Lemon Curd from this book and I have to say the recipes in this book are very easy to follow and I had this jar of delicious Lemon Curd whipped up in no time.


This kit would make a great gift for a budding or even experienced cook, the recipes are easy to follow but a note for British buyers this book is American and so you will have to convert your measurements as all ingredients are measured in cups and pints. I was surprised at how much information ws contained in one little book and the label, tags and jar covers are all quite lovely.

I would give this kit a 4 out of 5 stars.






By the lovely and fashionable Natasha De Vil

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.