Home AboutUs

Sunday 28 August 2011

Tutorial: Pretty Doily Bowl


When I first saw this being made, I remember thinking ‘surely it can’t be that easy to make’ but it is! The bowl makes for a great gift or for you to bring out on special occasion, as a centre piece or simply to just hold things, sweets, buttons, beads, money or like us fruit.
Equipment

1 Doily, fabric stiffen and 1 balloon

Blow up the balloon and fix/ balance it onto something sturdy. Note – When blowing you balloon up, consider how large or small you’d like your doily bowl to be.

Soak the doily into a bowl of fabric stiffen, leave to soak to ensure its fully obscured.

Stretch the doily over the balloon and mould it into the shape, you’d like – I’ve never used fabric stiffener but I’m guessing once it’s stuck into place there’s no changing it.

Leave the doily to dry on the balloon over night and then the fun bit – pop the balloon
Voila a new bowl!




Pin It



1 comment:

  1. Wow! absolutely love this idea, I think I'm going to try this for a sort of jewellery bowl.
    Thanks!
    Faye xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.